- CUCCS Wedding Formal
- Annual General Meeting – Committee Election [updated version]
2-Day Trip to Baths
Places Available: 40 (20 pairs)
It is the time of the year when we pass on our fun duties to the next committee. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held in early March. If you have enjoyed our events and activities throughout the year, then do not miss the opportunity to organise them yourself! As always, we are looking for motivated individuals to carry on achieving brilliance.
To apply, you need to submit a manifesto which is
– in English
– within one A4 page
and must include, but not limited to
– a photo
– applying position
– reasons for applying
– plans if elected
This year, we will introduce the nomination system to the election process. The system will provide an equal platform to all candidates such that popularity among fellow students is only one of the determining factors to win a position. Rules are as follows:
1. There are two types of nominations – ‘special nomination’ and ‘nomination’;
2. Every candidate needs two nominations, regardless of the type, in order to participate in the election;
3. Every current committee member can only grant one ‘special nomination’ to one candidate applying to his/her current position (e.g. the current Publicity Officer can give one ‘special nomination’ to one candidate contending for Publicity Officer);
4. Every current committee member can grant an unlimited number of ‘nominations’;
5. Any nomination should be granted objectively. At least one face-to-face meeting between a current committee member and a candidate is required before a decision can be made. The decision should be based on careful considerations of the ability and the quality of manifesto of each candidate.
Please send your manifesto to email@example.com.
Deadline for submitting manifesto: 20/02/2014
Deadline for confirming nominations: the day before AGM.
Hope to see many of you applying to proudly become a member of the CUCCS Committee 2014-15.
CUCCS Committee 2013-14