To all the freshers, welcome to Cambridge! To everyone else, I hope you all had a very lovely summer and you are looking forward to the year ahead. There will be loads of amazing events from CCS coming on soon, feel excited about this and join as much as you can!
- Fresher’s Squash (新生见面会)
- CCS Chinese Drama Theatre Crew Recruitment
- CCS Sports
- Cambridge University Mandarin Debating Society
- Cambridge University Oriental Dance Association
- CU Buddhist Society
- Cambridge University Securities Trading Club
- iFuture Voluntary Initiative – Saturday Group Discussion Training
- International Unilever Future Leader Programme Cambridge Campus Presentation -CHINA, RUSSIA, AFRICA Programmes
1. Fresher’s Squash (新生见面会)
Date: 12th Oct 2013
Venue: Keynes Hall, Kings College
Come along to meet our committee and other freshers. We will give a brief presentation about the events that we have planned for the year. It is also the time for freshers to register for our membership and sign-up for events. To the eager parents who are looking for your CCS children, this is the place to be!
2. CCS Chinese Drama Theatre Crew Recruitment
The CCS Chinese Drama Theatre is recruiting again for this year’s annual play. We are planning to perform one of the most popular Chinese plays-Rhinoceros in Love (恋爱的犀牛). We would like to call for your support to join our team as a(n):
Actor: it is a great chance to learn both Chinese culture and standard mandarin. We would give you all the necessary language training you need.
‘Prop’: help us with prop making and moving! It is reeeeealy fun!
‘Light/Sound’:we would teach you to control all the theatrical Light/Sound devices.
‘Costume/Makeup’:design the images of all our actors!
Please come to our Audition at
Newham College JCR, 0900-1600 on 13th Oct.
We look forward to your participation!
本周日（10月13日）0900-1600 到 Newnham College 的JCR
3. CCS Sports
- on the freshers’ squash in the coming weekend, I am going to give you an account of all the activities that we will organise throughout the year. Whether you fancy vigorous sports or something slightly more moderate, you can always find something which suits you.
- on Saturday 12th October from 8pm to 10pm at Kelsey Kerridge(first floor), we are going to have our first indoor basketball training session, which will also be a taster session for all freshers. If you want to come and play every weekend in Michaelmas and Lent term, it will be 38 pounds for each person and the price will be lower if you join us later. We normally have a turnout around 15 people every session. The training sessions are fairly casual and all levels of experience and fitness are welcome, so please come along and enjoy yourselves!
- I am trying to form a football team, so please anyone who can kick the ball drop me an email! very much appreciated! Remember, Saturday 12th October from 8pm to 10pm at Kelsey Kerridge, basketball!
mobile number: 07857701739
The website (www.cambridgechina.org) is created to bring together alumni who have graduated from Cambridge University over the years and enable them to collaborate and form a strong network.
It also aims to connect current students with the alumni network to provide them with campus information and career opportunities. On the website, you could use Food Recommendation to find your way around the best restaurants in Cambridge; you could use Diary as a platform to share your thoughts and ideas; in our Forum, you can find different WeChat Cambridge network groups or create themed WeChat groups to
connect like-minded peers.
Network is one of the most valuable resource when we leave Cambridge. Please subscribe to our mailing lists at http://goo.gl/yXX92a and select the regional alumni network that interests you. Let us work together to build our alumni community and strengthen communications amongst members of Cambridge.
5. Cambridge University Mandarin debating society
Cambridge University Mandarin debating society, usually referred to as CUMDS, is founder by a group of debater who are willing to improve mandarin debating skills, discuss current issues and socialize with people from other universities. We take part in various mandarin debates organized in the UK and won the Champion in the UK mandarin debate last year. Throughout the term time, we arrange training and internal debate. Also, hotspot and formal play a extremely important part in the team! If you want to get involved, come to therein us and find out more!
6. CUODA (Cambridge University Oriental Dance Association)
If you are interested in oriental dance, please read the attached poster from CUODA for more details.
7. CU Buddhist Society
CU Buddhist Society: http://buddha.soc.srcf.net
If you are Buddhist or interested in Buddhism and want to have contacts with most Buddhist groups and communities in Cambridge and some beyond, the CU Buddhist Chaplain – Rachael Harris has kindly provided us with her details (email@example.com) for you to contact. She is happy to talk to people about any aspect of Buddhism or answer any questions you have. She also teach mindfulness and meditation in a secular way, to help to deal with the stress, see www.cusamatha.org.uk
8. CUSTC (Cambridge University Securities Trading Club)
The Cambridge University Securities Trading Club (CUSTC), a partner of the Cambridge University Chinese Cultural Society, is the only society at the University of Cambridge that specifically caters for students interested in both sell-side and buy-side trading.
The society firmly believes that a sound education in trading should combine theoretical and practical training, and through its partnerships with Amplify Trading, The London Academy of Trading, and Credit Suisse, the society has developed a program that aims to: 1. Provide training on technical analysis 2. Develop members’ market awareness 3. Provide practical experiences and exposure to trading.
The society welcomes students of all levels of understanding and experience in trading to join the society, and membership is free of charge. To become eligible to join CUSTC events and benefit from the society’s offerings, please kindly register for membership through the following link: http://www.custc.co.uk/apply/
Thank you very much and we hope to have the chance of meeting you at our events this year!
9. iFuture Voluntary Initiative – Saturday Group Discussion Training
Target Candidates: University Students
Workshop: iFuture Voluntary Initiative – Saturday Group Discussion Training
Training Time/Date: 11:30am to 1:00pm, every Saturday (except public holiday) between now and 15 January 2014
Training Location: 88 Kingsway London, WC2B 6AA
Nearest Station: Holborn
Number of Candidates: 20
Important Note: this will be on first come first serve basis. Only the first 20 students who have registered will be guaranteed a place. Each student is allowed to participate once only. Register as early as you can to avoid disappointment.
How to Join: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject as “iFuture Voluntary Initiative” to register for the training any time between now and 15 January 2014. You need to provide your updated CV and 3 of your available dates in order to secure a place; we will then assign you to the training workshop on one of your available dates. If we are fully booked in all of your available dates, we will get in touch with you individually to set a new date. We will also let you know if all the 20 places have been taken up.
10. International Unilever Future Leader Programme Cambridge Campus Presentation -CHINA, RUSSIA, AFRICA Programmes
Our China, Africa and Russia Programmes are available to graduates from these international markets who have studied in the UK. The programmes are an important part of ambition to double the size of our business aiming to find the future leaders of these regions.
Venue: Corpus Christi College Harley Mason Room CB2 1RH
Time: 18:30-20:30 Thu 24th Oct
Sign-ups are preferred. Please email email@example.com with subject “Cambridge Campus”. Please include your name, year of study, courses and college.
Link to career website:
For more details about the different programmes please visit: